Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swimming Pool Poems For Water Wing Times

KOI POND

Well,
we both just love carp so much
it was inevitable, really.

JUMPING IN THE FOUNTAIN WITH MY SUIT ON


Who's boring now, Margot?
Not the guy in the fountain with his suit on.
My briefcase is in here too
wet papers floating around
full of data, probably.
"Numbers."
Who cares.
Not me.
Not the guy splashing around in this fountain
in his new Brooks Brothers suit
laughing, dancing
everyone must think I'm so crazy
and maybe I am
just a little ;)
but sometimes it's what you have to do
just jump in a fountain
to feel really alive.
I'm wet and alive and spontaneous and fun and I feel good
I feel good
I feel good about my life
and all of you.
And you, Margot.
How's this for living out on the edge?
I think the cops might have to ask me to leave.
That's how it goes when you're having too much fun
that's how it goes when you're going a little crazy
the man comes in and shuts you down.
That's how it goes
when you're in a fountain
with your suit on.

With this one act
I am absolved of my former life
by your wishes.

NOT DROWNING, BUT WAVING


Hey!
Hey guys!
Look over here!
Guys!

Look at me!
Hey!
Look at this!
Over here, guys!

Guys!
Look!
I'm splashing!
This is great.

No comments: